Christmas Morning

I woke up first. And then I dragged my husband out of bed to help me get ready for the boys to come downstairs. I can remember sitting at the top of my parent's stairs waiting for them to "get ready." I always mumbled and grumbled about this part of Christmas because the anticipation was just killing me! Plus, what could they possibly be doing down there?! I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to wait at the top of the stairs until we're "ready." For us, "ready" was turning on the lights, DuBose having coffee, getting the video camera, and turning on the Christmas music. Then I was ready to dash back upstairs and wake up our boys!

Santa was awfully good to us this year! I think he knows what
extraordinarily sweet boys I have!

Both boys loved their gifts from Santa and got right to playing with their favorites. For DuBose it was his new Little People fair and for Mills it was the balls. However, DuBose did have a tiny problem when he first came down the stairs, and Santa wasn't there waiting for him. I thought I had explained how this whole phenomenon worked, but I guess not good enough because he was very disappointed that Santa came, ate his cookies, and left without saying Hello. or Goodbye for that matter. Only the distraction of a new toy could sway the child's search of St Nick. It was very sweet and sad at the same time. Hopefully, next year he will fully understand the "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" thing.

He just dumped that stocking right out.
Mills was a little more civilized with his.
Santa left me some great things in my stocking! Thanks, Santa!


I love the family that DuBose and I have made.
I love the magic of home, family, and the true meaning of
Christmas we are passing onto our children.
I am so blessed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't tell you how excited I was to check your blog to read all about the boys' Christmas! What fun! I showed the pictures to my sister and Mark :) Jennifer
DuBose looks so big on his tricycle! What sweet christmas photos, thanks for sharing them!