Sad Sad day

Actually it has been anything but sad.

We woke up to french toast for breakfast, went to play at Jackson's house and then the four of us had a picnic in a new park.

But of course, the time comes when you have to leave and go home. As we left the park, DuBose begged me to take him back to "that park."

For the five minute ride back home all we heard was "I wanna go back to that park."

Then as we rounded our corner, I hear in a most pitiful voice, "Don't you like me, Mama?" His daddy and I explained that we loved him and his brother more than anything.

Finally, as I was helping him out of the car, he looks up at me and says, "This is a sad sad day."

Comments

Anne said…
That must have been SOME PARK to make such a strong impression! Where were you?

How sweet their naive feelings.
Kak said…
Love it! And I love that it wasn't only a "sad" day, but that it was truly a "SAD,SAD" day!
Amanda said…
That IS so sad! I'm willing to bet he was over it as soon as he got inside and saw all of his new toys! Such a sweet little boy!
Caroline said…
Too cute!