Honey Hill
The Ayers invited us out to their land in Erhardt for a fun-filled family day today. Despite the rain, we had a wonderful day. The Collins, Smiths, Halfords, Bairs, Sanders, us and the Ayers spent the whole day exploring the woods and enjoying some outdoor fun. My boys were in absolute paradise. They played so hard with their friends that I think they may sleep for 24 hours :) We came home with two wet, dirty, and exhausted children.
The Ayers have the perfect place. I know that they will enjoy tons of family time out there with their boys. Maybe they will invite us back again for more fun :)
There were lots of things for little boys to climb on...
and a huge tractor.
We all brought food for a yummy picnic lunch. I don't think Mills stopped eating all day long.
Every time I looked up, he had climbed back up to the table for more chips, hot dogs, fruit, basically, whatever he could get his little hands on.

Katharine and Aileen
Amanda and I went exploring the old homesite to see if we could find any treasures.
I bet there are tons of treasures to be found out here! We need better weather and some serious loppers to do the job right.
Caroline had to hold Pinckney or let him play in the pack 'n' play
but he really wanted to get down and join the big kids!
We were all mighty wet and dirty when we headed home, but it was so much fun! Days like this make DuBose and I long for our own home away from home in the woods. Maybe sometime soon we can find the perfect place and host our own family fun day. Thanks, Ayers, for letting us come out and play. We really had a great time and look forward to doing it again!
The Ayers have the perfect place. I know that they will enjoy tons of family time out there with their boys. Maybe they will invite us back again for more fun :)
There were lots of things for little boys to climb on...
and a huge tractor.We all brought food for a yummy picnic lunch. I don't think Mills stopped eating all day long.
Every time I looked up, he had climbed back up to the table for more chips, hot dogs, fruit, basically, whatever he could get his little hands on.
Katharine and AileenAmanda and I went exploring the old homesite to see if we could find any treasures.
I bet there are tons of treasures to be found out here! We need better weather and some serious loppers to do the job right.
Caroline had to hold Pinckney or let him play in the pack 'n' playbut he really wanted to get down and join the big kids!
We were all mighty wet and dirty when we headed home, but it was so much fun! Days like this make DuBose and I long for our own home away from home in the woods. Maybe sometime soon we can find the perfect place and host our own family fun day. Thanks, Ayers, for letting us come out and play. We really had a great time and look forward to doing it again!












Comments