Magic
I am so stealing this idea and this is going to be our new holiday tradition:
One of the guys DuBose sails with has an annual Christmas party. The party is geared for younger kids even though their kids are teenagers, but I think being able to experience this year after year keeps the tradition alive. Basically, the invitation was for a Christmas party, but had a note to RSVP for "special instructions." I am going to tell you the special instructions because they are what makes the party so awesome and you just may want to steal the idea yourself! I will remove them shortly so I don't forget and my kids get to reading this years from now and aren't happy.
Special instructions: Bring a wrapped present for your children. Put this present in a designated area while your kids are not watching.
So towards the end of the party, we hear a loud HO HO HO from the front yard so everyone rushed to the porch to find Santa and Mrs Claus making their way up the stairs with a huge bag filled with presents. Everyone gathered in the front hall, and Santa began handing out presents. There are no pictures of Mills with Santa because when his name was called, I handed the camera to his father. Apparently, he needed instructions of his own to know that he was supposed to be taking pictures while I took Mills up to Santa! Mills loved seeing Santa, shouting "HO" the whole time he was in the room.
Mrs. Claus reached into their large bag of presents and found one for DuBose. He went right up to Santa, thanked him, and posed for a picture before rushing back to his seat to find out what special treat Santa brought for him.

He was absolutely delighted to find the special toy he had asked Santa for last week at the zoo.
It was magic and will probably go down in DuBose's memory bank as one of the best. He was purely amazed as only a three year old can be, and my heart was truly touched. I loved it. I really hope we can find a willing S.C. and start our own tradition. I think the kids would just love it year after year!
One of the guys DuBose sails with has an annual Christmas party. The party is geared for younger kids even though their kids are teenagers, but I think being able to experience this year after year keeps the tradition alive. Basically, the invitation was for a Christmas party, but had a note to RSVP for "special instructions." I am going to tell you the special instructions because they are what makes the party so awesome and you just may want to steal the idea yourself! I will remove them shortly so I don't forget and my kids get to reading this years from now and aren't happy.
Special instructions: Bring a wrapped present for your children. Put this present in a designated area while your kids are not watching.
So towards the end of the party, we hear a loud HO HO HO from the front yard so everyone rushed to the porch to find Santa and Mrs Claus making their way up the stairs with a huge bag filled with presents. Everyone gathered in the front hall, and Santa began handing out presents. There are no pictures of Mills with Santa because when his name was called, I handed the camera to his father. Apparently, he needed instructions of his own to know that he was supposed to be taking pictures while I took Mills up to Santa! Mills loved seeing Santa, shouting "HO" the whole time he was in the room.
Mrs. Claus reached into their large bag of presents and found one for DuBose. He went right up to Santa, thanked him, and posed for a picture before rushing back to his seat to find out what special treat Santa brought for him.
He was absolutely delighted to find the special toy he had asked Santa for last week at the zoo.
It was magic and will probably go down in DuBose's memory bank as one of the best. He was purely amazed as only a three year old can be, and my heart was truly touched. I loved it. I really hope we can find a willing S.C. and start our own tradition. I think the kids would just love it year after year!
Comments
I'm sure it brought great magic to the children. I would loved to have been a fly on the wall watching all of the expressions!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Anne