Merry Christmas!!
We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Both boys are at an age where the magic is real and the excitement is uncontainable. It's contagious. The boys woke up about 6:30, which is their normal time and headed to the playroom, which is their normal routine. I was thrilled to hear them get up because I had been up most of the night, due to pregnancy issues along with my own anticipation. I made DuBose get up, and we went downstairs to "Get ready" while the boys sat on the stairs.
They were not thrilled in the least at any attempts to photograph during the day. In fact, they would get most put out that I was dragging them away from whatever new gift they were exploring at the time. Therefore, I don't have any really good pictures from the day.
I had to make them get into their stockings because they never wanted to leave the GeoTrax. DuBose went through his gift by gift, but only allowed enough time to say what it was then lay it on the sofa. Mills, on the other hand, didn't even give it that much time - he just dumped it out on the floor, noticed a remote to the GeoTrax and headed back to that.
This was about the only thing that got attention from his stocking - Curious George bubble bath :)
And then they sat like this running their trains while DuBose and I opened our stockings and gifts.
DuBose was excited to give his daddy the gift he had picked out for him - a large pirate kite. I see many family days spent flying this.
I did manage to get them to open the presents under the tree, but I can't say they did it eagerly. They were very much into the GeoTrax!!
And when I made them come sit by the tree for a picture - wow - you would have thought I was torturing them, but they did it and after about 5 pictures I realized that a smile was futile and to give it up.
This Christmas was our turn to spend at my parents' house so we had Nana and Granddaddy over for breakfast and gift giving early. The boys got very excited about the gifts they received from Nana and Granddaddy - camping sets and their very own tent to go camping in. We had given the boys sleeping bags so now they are ready to go on a camping adventure with their daddy!!
Merry Christmas, Nana and Granddaddy!
Thank you so much for all of our wonderful gifts!!
We love you!
And then we headed over to my parent's for our gift exchange with them before the rest of the family arrived. The boys loved their new toys from CiCi and Da (Mommy did too, because most of them are outside toys that will stay over there:)
The boys give Daddy, Da, and Granddaddy a calendar of themselves each year for Christmas. I think they each liked this year's pictures.
Speaking of pictures, my grandfather painted a picture of our house. It is a beautiful oil painting that I am so proud to have hanging in my home!!
My mom had dinner for 23 people at her house and everything was great. The boys loved playing with their cousins and the adults enjoyed visiting. We had turkey, a turducken, stuffing, mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, squash casserole, string beans, brussel sprouts, rice and gravy, caramel cake, and a pecan pie. We have many chefs in the family so all of it was delicious!!
The kids' table!
I thoroughly enjoyed my day. I am very thankful for all the family I was able to spend it with, and for the wonderful gifts I received. I was most appreciative of the two smiling boys I had all day. They had a great day and loved every minute of it. Currently, they are dressed as Buzz Lightyear and a Policeman playing with their Geotrax so I would say Santa did well with their main gifts. I think their other highlight of the day would be playing with their cousins. They love the attention and they get plenty of it!
I am an extremely blessed wife, mother, daughter, sister, granddaughter, daughter-in-law, and sister-in-law and appreciate each of you that makes me so. Much love and blessings to you this Christmas!!
Merry Merry Christmas!!
Thank you so much for all of our wonderful gifts!!
We love you!
And then we headed over to my parent's for our gift exchange with them before the rest of the family arrived. The boys loved their new toys from CiCi and Da (Mommy did too, because most of them are outside toys that will stay over there:)
Speaking of pictures, my grandfather painted a picture of our house. It is a beautiful oil painting that I am so proud to have hanging in my home!!
I thoroughly enjoyed my day. I am very thankful for all the family I was able to spend it with, and for the wonderful gifts I received. I was most appreciative of the two smiling boys I had all day. They had a great day and loved every minute of it. Currently, they are dressed as Buzz Lightyear and a Policeman playing with their Geotrax so I would say Santa did well with their main gifts. I think their other highlight of the day would be playing with their cousins. They love the attention and they get plenty of it!
I am an extremely blessed wife, mother, daughter, sister, granddaughter, daughter-in-law, and sister-in-law and appreciate each of you that makes me so. Much love and blessings to you this Christmas!!
Merry Merry Christmas!!
Comments