Winter Ride

We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather we have been having and go in the boat this morning. We left right after breakfast and had a great time on the water and exploring Morris Island.
Edited: I totally forgot why I posted this picture of Mills standing in the boat. They are not allowed to stand up while we are moving - we're a fannies only family in the boat :) He stood up and looked at me with the most devilish grin, and I told him to sit down on his bottom. To which he replied: Peter Pan would not sit down. He would stand up.
Let's pray he doesn't ever try to "fly" off the roof!


I loved sitting on the beach and taking pictures of my boys having such a great time together so I have many pictures to prove it....






We flew the kite that the boys gave to Daddy for Christmas and were most impressed with it. I see many adventures with our new kite in the future.




On our walk, I lost sight of Mills for just a second and asked Bose, "Where's your brother?"
His answer had his father and I giggling: "He's right there - see the white? That's Mills."

Sure enough if I looked through the grass hard enough I could catch a glimpse of that white white hair bobbing up and down as he ran to catch up.

Ellie enjoyed her boat ride and walk on the beach as well. Mommy is a little tired and sore however, but it was well worth it.
We found many treasures to investigate including tons of horseshoe crabs.
After we were finished with our expedition we got back into the boat and decided to head to Charchidy for our picnic lunch. We were enjoying the beautiful weather and the quiet of the harbor when we looked up to see Nana and Granddaddy rowing out to the sailboat. What a special treat to enjoy our lunch with them before we headed home and they headed out for a sail.
It was a picture perfect day - one I will cherish for a long while to come. I would be one happy girl if it would stay in the 70s from September through April. And then get summertime hot the rest of the year. I never understood when others who have also spent their entire lives here said it just didn't feel like Christmas time without colder weather - it's probably been warm more Christmases here than not during my lifetime. Christmas to me is perfect with upper 60s lower 70s. Just perfect. And to be able to end your Christmas weekend with a day like today - why wish for anything else?!

Comments

Aron said…
Y'all are SO FUN!!!
Anonymous said…
Seriously - don't put it past Mills to try to fly! Legare tried to climb our walls like Spider Man when he was about that age and tore the drapery rod out of the wall. And they were mounted in studs, not just drywall. So, seriously - the day is probably coming - you need to be ready.