Christmas Eve

Traditionally, my grandparents hosted my family at their house every Christmas Eve, but now that they are living at Bishop Gadsden other family members have been hosting. This year we took a turn and had about 30 people over for a cocktail party after the children's service at church. (Both boys were shepherds in this year's pageant and I was in such a state trying to get everyone out of the house on time that I forgot my camera. Amanda took some pictures of them though so I will have to get those from her.) It was fun to do, but it was hard to get it all done, get everyone dressed for church, get to church, and then race home to get everything on the table before people got here. I did enjoy being here though when it was over.

Miss Ellie had a wonderful time at the party and loved all the attention she got.




There were many cousins in attendance. Here's Jennie and Ellie with Legare, Alida, and Eliza.



Jennie with her godmothers, Ruthie and Llewellyn

The best shot of my Christmas Eve photo shoot - I will give them the benefit of the doubt though as there were still party-goers in the house, but I needed to get Ellie down for the night.

Everyone left and we got into our pjs and started our Christmas Eve traditions of spreading reindeer food...
And putting out cookies and milk for Santa...



And then everyone went down for the night in eager anticipation of Christmas Day!

Comments