Christmas
Christmas Day finally arrives!! I was up first (as is usual on Christmas but not any other day of the year!) and got everyone up. Daddy and I went downstairs first to "get everything ready." (Didn't you hate that as a child?) Coffee, camera, and baby bottle in hand we were ready for our boys to come barreling down the stairs.
**** I have to mention here that I felt absolutely horrible on Christmas. If there was any chance of moving it to the next day or even three days later, I gladly would have done it and crawled back in bed. I had the worst sinus infection/headache/earache/congestion/cough/yuck ever. But as you fellow mommies know, the show must go on, so I did the best I could with the pictures which isn't saying much now that I have had a chance to go through them. I am very disappointed that I didn't get a family shot or even a good one of the kids together. Or of Ellie opening any presents. So here's a few that don't really do the magic and blessings of the day justice. ****
Hmmm, where's Mills? He came around the corner a few seconds later - dressed! I made him go back and put on his Christmas pajamas to which he whined, "But, Mom, they are already in the hamper. They're dirty now!" I insisted and eventually got these cuties sitting on the bottom step...

And then we started on the presents under the tree. This year we took the boys out to buy presents for each other and for Ellie. They both really enjoyed this, and I am thankful for the reaction they had to the whole experience. Usually, they tear into presents, and I can barely keep up, but this year, they wanted to help the other open the present they were giving. It was neat to see their expressions to each other's gift and to hear them explain why they got it for the other. Very cute and what I hope to be a lesson in the joys of giving.
Sorry, Ellie. This is the best of you all. Next year, I will be with it enough to fix your hair, I promise!
After we had our little family Christmas at home, we packed up for the rest of the day. First was a stop to CiCi and Da's for breakfast and gift giving.


I am so grateful to have these and am trying to find the best spot to hang them!! (They will wait a few years to do Ellie's.) Thank you CiCi and Da for a magical Christmas!!
And then on to Nana and Granddaddy's for Christmas dinner.

Thank you, Nana and Granddaddy for a wonderful Christmas! We had a great time with everyone today and are so very thankful for you all!
**** I have to mention here that I felt absolutely horrible on Christmas. If there was any chance of moving it to the next day or even three days later, I gladly would have done it and crawled back in bed. I had the worst sinus infection/headache/earache/congestion/cough/yuck ever. But as you fellow mommies know, the show must go on, so I did the best I could with the pictures which isn't saying much now that I have had a chance to go through them. I am very disappointed that I didn't get a family shot or even a good one of the kids together. Or of Ellie opening any presents. So here's a few that don't really do the magic and blessings of the day justice. ****
Hmmm, where's Mills? He came around the corner a few seconds later - dressed! I made him go back and put on his Christmas pajamas to which he whined, "But, Mom, they are already in the hamper. They're dirty now!" I insisted and eventually got these cuties sitting on the bottom step...
And then we started on the presents under the tree. This year we took the boys out to buy presents for each other and for Ellie. They both really enjoyed this, and I am thankful for the reaction they had to the whole experience. Usually, they tear into presents, and I can barely keep up, but this year, they wanted to help the other open the present they were giving. It was neat to see their expressions to each other's gift and to hear them explain why they got it for the other. Very cute and what I hope to be a lesson in the joys of giving.
Sorry, Ellie. This is the best of you all. Next year, I will be with it enough to fix your hair, I promise!After we had our little family Christmas at home, we packed up for the rest of the day. First was a stop to CiCi and Da's for breakfast and gift giving.


I am so grateful to have these and am trying to find the best spot to hang them!! (They will wait a few years to do Ellie's.) Thank you CiCi and Da for a magical Christmas!!And then on to Nana and Granddaddy's for Christmas dinner.

Thank you, Nana and Granddaddy for a wonderful Christmas! We had a great time with everyone today and are so very thankful for you all!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!







Comments