First Day of Second Grade


Today was DuBose's first official day of second grade. This is big to me because I taught 2nd grade for so long. I was pregnant with DuBose while I was teaching and I can remember thinking how far away second grade would be for him. I was teaching BIG kids and he was going to be my baby for so long. Hmm, time flies, doesn't it? And here we are...

SECOND GRADE

He actually had an hour of school yesterday where he went to meet his teacher and find his cubby, desk, etc. while I had a meeting in the auditorium. He was up and dressed and in our bed before 7 ready for his new school year to start.
These two are ready for it to be their turn! (Me too, kiddos, me too :)

So, yesterday was a success, and he was very ready to go back this morning for his first full day of second grade.
Not looking very excited, but he was in a hurry to get there!

I dressed him in the wrong uniform (on purpose - I wanted him to be cute today and not in his PE tshirt :) He was fine with it. He would be much cuter if I had gotten around to a haircut yesterday...
And off he goes with two little people following and wishing they could go too.

I walked him all the way in and took the first day of school photo with his teacher Mrs. Adams (another teacher I have known forever since she grew up here too!) I jokingly told her she wouldn't see me again until I came the last day of school to take his picture with her. (Almost true since he bikes to and from school - no need for me to go over and get him usually.)

We are excited about his new adventure and know that he is going to have the best year ever. DuBose, be the best listener, friend, and student you can be this year! We are super proud of you and can't wait to share this year with you.



Comments

Courtney said…
Wow - second grade!! Such a big boy. Y'all have had such a fun summer. Loved catching up on your recent posts :)
Anne said…
Can't believe I've been reading your blog since your Dubose was a baby and now he's in second grade! wow! you should be so proud! :) He's so sweet!