First Day of the Two's


Mills and Ellie started school today. Ellie has moved to O'Quinn which is where she will go through kindergarten (as her brothers did). She is in a full day two's class because I need the option to keep her there later than 11:30 every once in a while so she is going every morning. She is thrilled and is very ready for this. I feel a bit guilty about her going every day, but I also realize she's two and playing hooky from school for fun outings together will be a fun treat and not hurt her academic career :)

You wouldn't know it from this face,
but she was very excited about heading to school with her big brother.

There's the excitement :)


We dropped Mills off first and she got comfortable in his classroom.

And then on to her room.
She posed in front of her cubby with her doll.
Then she put her baby "to sleep" in the cubby.


With her teacher, Mrs. Giddons.

Mrs. Giddons has taught each of my children now and I am thrilled that she's Ellie's teacher. She's awesome and I know she and Ellie will love each other!

I left a happy girl in her new classroom and thought about her often over the course of the day, wondering what she was doing and if she was having fun. Since she is going to be staying late one day a week, we decided to go ahead and let her nap at school this week so she would get used to it. I was a bit unsure of how this would go...

I should not have worried about her at all. Her report said she was "happy, playful, and full of fun" all day. She "listened and participated" during circle time (especially loving the little mouse activity). And at nap time "she went right to sleep." In fact, I had to wake her up when I went to get her! The note on her report says, "Not a tear all day! Ellie had a wonderful first day of school. What a sweet girl!"

Chicken, I am soo proud of you!! What a great report, and I am so glad you had fun at school. And that you are excited about going back tomorrow! Continue to be a sweet girl and a good listener. Make lots of new friends and play hard, Ellie!! We love you and can't wait to watch you blossom into the little girl you are becoming!!



Comments

Amanda said…
So proud of that sweet girl! Go Ellie!! Love you!!
Anne said…
So sweet, Nancy! She's so "Madeline" w/ her baby doll, loving school, and just loving life!! So glad she's excited!
Caroline said…
Hard to believe our babies are starting "real" school. Yay for Ellie loo! WE love you!