Mills is a Kindergartner!!
Wow! Millsie started kindergarten today and I'm not sure there was a more excited child in the whole school. He was up and dressed first thing and ready to walk out the door without breakfast! I told him to calm down and we'd get there soon!
Mills was over the top happy to be left at school today and when I came to get him he was a bit unhappy it was over. He was very loud in greeting me and Mrs. Bland reported that he had been awfully loud all day. (No one who knows him is surprised - and she wasn't since she's been driving him to school for two years now!) She did say that he wasn't disruptive loud but answering questions she asked in the loudest voice possible and often forgetting to raise his hand. She was happy he was at least paying attention, but we need to remind him to use an inside voice and to wait his turn to answer questions. Hopefully, the excitement of being back at school will wear off soon, and he will calm down just a bit. I have no doubt that he is going to be loud for the rest of his life, I just hope he can find some intrinsic mechanisms to help remind himself when it is appropriate. We'll see...
Millsie, I am super proud of you and know you are going to be the best kindergarten ever! Use your listening ears and your quiet voice. Be a great friend and be respectful to Mrs. Bland and Mrs. Myers. Play hard (outside) and study just as hard. I love you and know you are going to have the best year.
Millsie, I am super proud of you and know you are going to be the best kindergarten ever! Use your listening ears and your quiet voice. Be a great friend and be respectful to Mrs. Bland and Mrs. Myers. Play hard (outside) and study just as hard. I love you and know you are going to have the best year.
Comments
Your recent comments about Mills being so "loud" make me laugh. My middle brother (just like your family - big brother, baby sister) has been LOUD his entire life (my parents sound just like you), and as an almost 40 year old, he's still "LOUD!" We've all learned to embrace and LOVE his loudness just like your family and friends love and embrace Mills' loudness. :) So glad he loves being a kindergartener! Cute back to school posts! :)xoxo, Anne
Love you!