Thirty Five Months


 Wow. Your last monthly post. How in the world did we get here so fast?! How is it possible that you will be 3 in one short month? You have been an incredible blessing to our family. Each day spent with you has been a true gift.

 Ellie, you have been happy and easy 90% of your 1065 days. Your smile is infectious, your laughter is precious, and your personality is so easy-going.

 With the potty-training and the thumb-sucking progress, you are becoming quite big this month. I knew you were definitely not a baby anymore but I would like to cling to toddler-hood as long as I can. However, you have different plans and are on the fast track to full on KID. I think being the youngest of three (and boys at that!) has really pushed you along in the growing up department. You want to do whatever they do and don't understand when I have to stop you from doing so.



 You love school, your friends and your teachers. You are soaking things up like a sponge. You love to count - it is often a humorous attempt to get numbers in the right order, but I love when you count things. You also love the ABC's and can sing the whole song. Actually, you just love to sing, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, You Are My Sunshine, and Jingle Bells are your current favorites.




You play very well independently in your room. Now that you have the kitchen in there, you play for hours with your babies. You make them all sorts of meals and treats and then you put them down for a nap in their little bed, turning off the lights, turning on the music and closing the door. Then you come tell me to be very quiet because the babies are sleeping.

 You love to play make-believe and often I am the baby while you are the mother. You tell me to "go to sleep," "eat your dinner," "say your prayers," "say yes, ma'am." It is too funny to listen to you boss your babies and me around. Sometimes we have to have a little talk about bossiness. I don't think you are ever going to have a problem speaking your mind or defending yourself.



You are still a fairly picky eater. I wish we didn't have to fight this battle, but at least your oldest brother has given me plenty of experience with this. And I can't really complain - it's only been in the past 10 years that I have stopped being so picky myself. I never ate anything my mother fixed me for dinner (sorry, Mom!) and now I only really avoid mushrooms and eggplant so I suppose there is hope for you :)


Chicken, Ellie Loo, Baby Dumps, Precious, Lulie Bean, you are a joy. I absolutely adore you and have loved every minute of the past 1065 days.

I love you from the tips of your baby toes to the top of your sweet-smelling head, Mommy

Comments