Coming of Age

This was a long four day weekend which (honestly) sometimes makes me cringe when I think about having all that time where I have to entertain my kids. But you know what? They are all at a really fun age, and we aren't tied to our house by schedules of any kind. We can just come and go as we please. This weekend was tons of fun for us and we just enjoyed being together with no real agenda.

You already know that we went out in the boat, to SEWE and played in the mud, but here are just the everyday things we did that made the weekend extra special with my getting-bigger-by-the-minute children.



We had a family game night Friday night, playing Sorry and Phase 10. I love love love that I have children old enough to play games with me. I would play all day if they would.

Sunday was a lazy day because of the rain so we decided to take the boys to see a movie. We went to Big Miracle which was a really good pick. Since I am not a big fan of animated movies, it was nice to go see a "real" movie with the boys and have them enjoy it as much I did. I love that we are (slowly)moving beyond the animation.

(Yes, I realize I have another child who is just 3 but she is so go with the flow, we were going to take her with us to the movie if we couldn't have gotten my mom to watch her. Mom did watch her, and I am sure she had much more fun having girl time with CiCi than she would have had at the movie.)

Speaking of CiCi, the kids asked to spend the night Sunday since there was no school Monday and she happily agreed. Off they went and DuBose and I enjoyed a nice afternoon and evening on the porch reading. Then he cooked me a yummy steak dinner which we ate on the porch. I love that we have this beautiful place to extend our living space.


This weekend reminded me how far we've come and how blessed we are to be here. I think I just may look forward to school vacations a bit more now remembering what fun we can have together. I love that I truly like my kids, and I like spending time with them doing the fun stuff and the ordinary stuff.

Comments