Friends

DuBose wrote this in second grade, and I kept meaning to publish it here. I just came across his writing journal from last year and wanted to get it on here before I forgot again.

Friends
By: DuBose, age 8

I have friends and so do you.
They help each other whatever they do.
Some live close and some live far.
But it doesn't matter wherever they are.
Some are big and some are small.
But that doesn't matter at all.
What matters is that they are nice.
And that they don't have lice.



I laughed and laughed when I first read this because the whole thing almost fit on one page. All of it except that last line. So I got to the end of the page and thought "that's so sweet and nice" and then I turned the page and found the last line. He's such a funny kid! (Amanda, if he knew anything at all, he'd dedicate this to you :)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Caroline said…
Love, love, love this poem and your sweet boy. That is hysterical!