BUGS Christmas Cookie party
Each year, the kids and I host the BUGS (our supper club) Christmas cookie decorating party. It's a bit chaotic, but I do have to say it gets easier and easier each year. (Which is funny because our group just gets bigger and bigger!)
I love it when the weather cooperates, and we can do it outside, especially since they can all do it at the same time. Twenty-two kiddos making cookies for Santa.
Mills is serious about his cookies :)
Ellie had tons of fun. I'm pretty sure she ate all of her cookies before the day was over.
DuBose being silly with a "Santa beard" out of dough
DuBose, Harris, Fordham
The extra sprinkles did not go to waste
Eliza, Anne and Mills
Harris joins in
While we wait for our cookies to bake, we do our Secret Santa gift exchange.
Wilson
A happy Ellie
And then the infamous group shot. We actually did this first so any littles of the group could go home for naps. They started piling on the steps and then Eliza said, "You should stop. You know she's going to make you sit in age order!" Ha - the "she" is me, and yes I do make them sit in age order every year.
Jackson (10), Spencer (9), Mary Kathryn (9), DuBose (8), Fordham (8)
Harris (7), Wilson (7), Eliza (7), Rutledge (7), Mills (6), Anne (6)
Alexandria (6), Bowen (5), Pinckney (5), Helms (5), William (5),
Tradd (5), Sander (3), Campbell (4),
Ellie (3), and Palmer (20 m)
And off to the far right is Mary Kershaw (3)
Missing this year: Reeves (7), Bennett (5), Julia (23 m), Elizabeth (11 m), and Olivia (1 month).
Harris (7), Wilson (7), Eliza (7), Rutledge (7), Mills (6), Anne (6)
Alexandria (6), Bowen (5), Pinckney (5), Helms (5), William (5),
Tradd (5), Sander (3), Campbell (4),
Ellie (3), and Palmer (20 m)
And off to the far right is Mary Kershaw (3)
Missing this year: Reeves (7), Bennett (5), Julia (23 m), Elizabeth (11 m), and Olivia (1 month).
Getting out the crazies
Love love love this bunch of kids. Love this tradition if only for the reason that I get to do this picture. There's a lot of friendship, history, and family in this group. Praying for many more years of it!
Comments