The Birthday Weekend


We had a big weekend celebrating our birthday boy. 
His birthday is Sunday, but we started our festivities
 on Friday with a dinner at Myabi's.




Saturday morning, GG came over with her presents for Bose, including this Gilly suit. Mills quickly put his on too and they had fun in them for quite some time.



The 5 of us went to SkyZone to jump for an hour and 
then to get ice cream at Baskin Robbins.


I tucked in a 10 year old and




woke up with an 11 year old.


Dad had to fly out this morning so we dropped him at the airport bright and early, and I asked DuBose what he wanted to do with the rest of his day. He asked if we could stay home so he could put his birthday present from us together. (It was a big Star Wars Lego.) I said absolutely so we had a relaxing day at home where he spent hours building and then playing with his Multi-Troop Transport.

That night, we met Nana, Granddad, CiCi, Da and Smith at the Mexican restaurant for dinner. After we ate, the waitstaff came out singing with fried ice cream.



And a special treat of whipped cream in the face!


We headed back to our house for cake and presents.
This year, the birthday boy requested a chocolate on chocolate cake.





He was worn out after all that fun. I went in to check on him tonight and found him like this. Precious 11 year old. Happy Birthday, Bosie!! I loved celebrating you all weekend! May this year be full of laughter, learning, and fun!


PS --

 I was really proud of you when you told someone about the presents you received for your birthday. You only opened one from us, however you said, "I got a lot of presents this year. My family gave me a Star Wars Lego set to open. But my big presents were dinner at Miyabi's, SkyZone, ice cream and dinner with my grandparents." 

DuBose, the fact that you recognize that time spent with family is a gift is huge. I am so proud of you and love that you can see that we love you through activities and time. It really makes my heart happy. That is exactly how I want you to think - it's not about  "things," it's about people. The gift of your time is your best present to anyone. Love you and so glad we spent the weekend together!!

Comments