Goodbye, Sweet School
I'm not sure I can adequately summarize our experience at O'Quinn over the past 9 years. I dropped each of my precious babies off at this school every day of their preschool career, and they loved it. I loved it. They were each loved and nurtured by the best teachers. They flourished here, growing into 6 year olds who can share, empathize with others, read, write simple sentences, and count to "really big numbers." They were eager to go every morning. They adored their teachers. They made friends. They were happy.
As a mom, I can't really ask for anything else. I felt confident leaving my children here every day, knowing they were in great hands. I loved the feeling of community and that I knew just about every teacher. And my kids knew most of them too, often hugging multiple teachers on our way to their classrooms each morning.
O'Quinn was the perfect fit for us, and I will be forever grateful to the fabulous start they have given to each of my kids. It was really sad to walk out of the door for the last time today, knowing I will never drop another child off here to spend their day learning, laughing and being loved.
I was a bit nostalgic so I pulled each child's first day of O'Quinn picture and their last...
DuBose - August 2006
DuBose - May 2010
Mills - August 2008
Mills - May 2012
Ellie - August 2011
Ellie - today, May 2015
Thanks, O'Quinn for 9 fabulous years and for all that you taught my children. We loved our time with you and will miss you. We will definitely stop by to visit though!! Thank you!






Comments