Runners, Acolytes, and Partiers
We took a walk one night and ended up at the stadium. The kids wanted to practice their running. DuBose ran a lap in 1 min 32 sec which is a personal best for him. Ellie ran around the track 4 times (a mile) without breaking a sweat and barefoot. And I think she could have kept on running indefinitely. They definitely don't get this from me!
Dad wanted to reminisce about his time on this track.
DuBose was an acolyte at chapel
We had a baby shower for Ellie's teacher Mrs. Coker. Ellie and I adore Mrs. Coker. Adore her. In fact, I was talking to her at the end and became so emotional I told her I had to leave before I did the ugly cry. This girl has loved my baby for four years, and I mean, really loved her. I can't express enough how grateful that makes me feel.
I'm sad Mrs. Coker is moving back to her hometown this summer, but I know we will always keep in touch. I just can't imagine her not being in our lives. Can't wait to meet her precious baby boy!!
Comments