Millwood
We headed to Millwood early Saturday to meet Jason and Spencer up there for what we were hoping would be a good burn day. And it turned out to be perfect. We were able to burn about 50 acres of our property, most of it for the first time. I was on water patrol so I circled each section with the four wheeler carrying the water tank. I was also snapping pictures like crazy.
Little DuBose was a big help as well. He re-plowed the fire breaks of the section we were going to next.
We generated a lot of smoke!
Thank goodness for Spencer and Jason! DuBose was able to get so much done with their help!
We made a good team!
The Smiths arrived Saturday afternoon for a few days and the Sanders came out Sunday morning.
We had a full house but it was fun. There were 8 boys. They stayed outside most of the day and had a blast together. They found a hot spot and lured it into a big fire that they tended and built forts all around. True boy heaven,
Todd was not feeling well and had to work Monday so he only stayed for a little bit before heading back home,
Ellie was happy to have another girl to play with and Elizabeth was up for most of Ellie's ideas.
I had a project for the kids so we loaded them up in the trailer and took them to the big field where we had burned a few weeks ago with my college roommates.
I wanted to clear the larger sticks and branches that were left under the trees.
These kiddos worked really hard and cleared a large portion of the area!
We took the trailer full back to the fire pit and got to work burning it all.
There was a lot of wood to burn!
Stephen brushing Ellie's hair after her bath on Sunday night. Too cute.
So glad our friends were all able to come out and play! And help us with some projects!!
We had Tuesday off as well so we stayed one more night.
Mills and I did take time early Tuesday morning to go on a long walk through the burned sections. I love how open it all is now and how easy it is to walk through the forest.
Their teepee from the weekend
Love this kid!!
And then the five of us worked together to make a brick pathway from the steps to the shower.
DuBose, Mills and Ellie loaded up the front loader with bricks and drove them over. Then we unloaded the bricks, creating a pathway.
It truly was a family affair and everyone pitched into to help. Can't believe I don't have a finished project picture! Next time!
Such a fun weekend out there with friends and then some time just the 5 of us.
Great way to spend Winter Break!!
Comments