First Day of School

I say it every year and will every year to come, but WOW! 
How did I get 7th, 5th and 2nd graders???


The 2nd grader is super excited to be going to school today!!




The 5th grader can't wait to see his friends! He could do without the actual schoolwork part ;)




And the 7th grader is actually looking forward to getting back to school too. He's been bored these last few weeks and is ready for a change. I'm sure he will be ready for summer again in about a week.

(He got that brace last week and has to wear it for the next 4 weeks to make sure he doesn't do something to re-injure his arm. He's very glad to have that cast off!!)


I know you all are going to have the best year! Be great friends and great listeners. Be respectful, kind and happy. Find joy in the every day. It goes by so quickly! I am super proud of all three of you and am super excited to see how this year goes! I know you will do great!!


I know this is a big growth year for DuBose - I can't even imagine how tall he will be at the end of the year! Granted he is standing on his tippy toes in this picture but he is definitely growing quickly now!


They are SO BIG!!


Nice, Bose.


One of Ellie's most favorite people, her kindergarten teacher is now the Lower School Art teacher so Ellie gets to have her again! Awesome!! Love Mrs. Holley!


DuBose went on his own to Middle School leaving Mills, Ellie and I to venture into the Lower School. We went to Ellie's class first.


She's "sailing into second grade" 




with Ms. Sallee!

We left her in good hands and with lots of friends.


And then on to the 5th grade hall where Mills said good morning to his teacher, Mrs. Clair (long time friend and reader!! Can you believe you have Mills in your homeroom?!?)

I walked home and yes, I was breathing a sigh of relief to finally get the school year started, but I was also a little sad that my side kicks are all out of the house during the days again. I know they are each going to have a fantastic year and that they are in the best hands possible! I left them confident that all reports would be good in the afternoon.


And I do love being sent photos of my children throughout the day by various people! Above is Ellie's class - such sweet little munchkins!


And this one was taken at the Whole School Assembly - she loves running into her dad on campus! 

And we are off - here's to the School Year 2016-2017!

Comments