New Year's Eve


Today was another great burn day so the Ayers came over to help us get the last half of the property done. In the map below, you can see the black outlined areas which was yesterday's burn area and the left side was today.



The boys were on water duty.


Amanda and I patrolled






We are so glad to get all of this burning done. We are eager to move ahead with the planting!

The Ayers stayed with us for the day and we had tons of fun.


The boys went dove hunting.




Then we had some Jenga competitions. Ellie bet Jason she would beat him and when she did he had to have his nails painted. She had the most fun with him tonight and I know this is a night she will always remember goofing around with her godfather. Thanks, Jason, for making her smile so big!



We had a great time with the Ayers ringing in the New Year!


Happy New Year! #10isthenewmidnight



The below pictures are from Monday, New Year's Day, before we left to go home.


Mills wasn't feeling great so he and Birdie snuggled on the sofa most of the morning.


I remembered that I had gotten this crystal ball for Christmas and spent some time outside with it. Unfortunately, it was absolutely freezing so I didn't play with it as much as I wanted. I really wish I had remembered I had it when we were burning - would have made for some very cool pictures!




Comments