Graduation
Another school year comes to end with the graduation of the Class of 2019. It was a crazy hot day so everyone was freaking out about the heat but everyone survived and it was another great ceremony.
DuBose, as always, did a great job with his speeches. He presented an award to one of our favorite students and got a little choked up which was sweet and made it even more special. It's so neat to be in a place where you see how awesome teenagers can be on a daily basis. The majority are really good people, with great ideas, compassion and hope. I've enjoyed watching them over the years.
I can't wait to watch this one in particular as he heads off to University of Tennessee to play basketball. Josiah James is ranked like #16 in the nation right now and the best recruit SC has seen in a long time. One day we will go to his NBA games! We can say we knew him when...
Lillian (who won the award I mentioned above) is as beautiful inside as she is out. This girl is going places and I can't wait to watch.
And, Eleanor, another gem! Truly one of the sweetest (and smartest) kids!
It's been a great year and a great senior class. They started the year off in a rough place with the drowning of one of their classmates but they pulled together while learning a hard lesson about life's priorities. We will miss these kids and wish them the best of luck next year!!




Comments