Covid Diary Day #$%

 So last time I wrote we were on Day 5 of our quarantine which was January 5th. Today one member of our family is on her 25th day of quarantine!! Ugh. We are all over this whole thing and ready to get back to "normal" whatever that looks like these days.

Ellie ended up developing symptoms on January 8 with no taste or smell and lots of congestion. She also had a killer headache. We were sure she was positive so took her to get the PCR test on the 10th. It came back negative which surprised us. We had been sure she was positive so we let her out of her room a little bit for those few days. When the test came back negative the rest of us had just starting getting out of quarantine. DuBose and I were finished on January 12th and the boys were finished on January 14th. Her symptoms were gone by this point.

So Ellie's new Day 7 (where she would have to get cleared to go back to school on Day 10) became January 22nd. I took her to the pediatrician where they did a rapid PCR and we were shocked when it came back positive! She was devastated as this means she can't return to school until February 2! She's been a trooper through this whole thing and has been her happy, smiling self for 25 days but last Friday got the best of her. But not for long! She accepted her fate and rallied with her smile bright and looking forward to next week when she can finally see her friends in person at school.

What a crazy virus! While it has been inconvenient to be stuck at home for a month, I can't really complain too much as we never got terribly sick. So many people are truly suffering from Covid and we are thankful that we had mild symptoms and can only pray that the long term effects aren't bad either.

I hope we can get vaccinated soon and am thankful my parents, in-laws, sister and brother-in-law have all been vaccinated at this point. Now that we have had it, we are considered "immune" for about 90 days. Hopefully, the vaccinations will reach us by then!


We've kept ourselves entertained with puzzles, movies and projects. I sadly haven't felt like reading which is so weird because that is normally my go-to comfort activity but it just hurt my head too much to read so I watched a lot of Netflix!


We've also spent the past two weekends at the farm for a change of scenery (separate posts).

And we've been very well taken care of around here. 

My parents, sister, mother in law and the school dropped off supplies almost every day. It was so nice not to have to think about what to cook - it was done and we just had to heat it up. Although I have to say DuBose took care of every meal! He cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner, and when it was still necessary, delivered it to each of us in our rooms. He took excellent care of all of us and I am thankful for a compassionate and handy-in-the-kitchen husband!



Everything was everywhere until l I felt well enough to venture downstairs to clean up and put things away. 

Thank you all for taking such good care of us! I am almost sad that the grocery store runs have fallen back to me. Ha!




Comments