Millwood

We headed back up to the farm this weekend and again, enjoyed beautiful weather and lots of good family time. Ellie is always such a good sport about all of our "farm projects" so when she is ready to do one of her own we try and step up to help her. This weekend she wanted to put in a more permanent fairy garden so we got to work creating one for her.



She was excited about the finished product and even more excited that her brothers indulged her with a few minutes of playing in it. Granted they were crazy dinosaurs and killer dragonflies in their version of the game, but she doesn't care as long as she gets her boys to play with her for a few minutes!




Mills drew me a tree for this weekend's quote board.



Reading through the farm books of the past 8 years, 
models and puzzles for the indoor activities

and

installing more duck boxes, family walks and cleaning up for the outside actives.































We cleaned up this area of the front yard which has been an eye sore for years. It seems to have been the place to dump stuff and "hide" it behind vines and overgrown weeds. I mentioned I would love to clean it up and plant something here and the next thing I knew we got to it and it looks so much better! 



I think Camellias and azaleas would be perfect to dress it up a bit! 
But even leaving it like this is a huge improvement!



And a quick soak in the "hot tub" for Ellie and Dad before we headed home.
We had a lot of fun family time this weekend, just laughing and playing together. This quarantine has been an inconvenience but I wouldn't trade the memories we've been able to make together!



 

Comments