A Look Back
My dad and I drove up to North Charleston today to see if he could find his aunts' houses and his grandmothers. I have some old pictures of these houses and we wanted to see what they looked like today. We found his Aunt Vi and Aunt Oleda's on Park Place East and his grandmother's house on Bethany St.
Oleda's
Viola Henderson's house now and then
(above and below)
The North Charleston Methodist Church my grandmother and her family attended for years.
My dad thinks this is his grandmother's house where his mother, Rushie, grew up with her 9 siblings. I'm looking through my old photographs to see if I see one that looks like this. It's on Bethany St.
After lunch, we stopped at Magnolia Cemetery where his parents are buried. We walked around a bit before heading home. Dad, this was a fun adventure with you! Thanks for showing me all of thee places and sharing your memories with me! Where are we off to next?







Comments